Search

SOCOM Continuing Cuts To Vehicle Fleet Citing Budget Constraints, New Operational Priorities

SOCOM Continuing Cuts To Vehicle Fleet Citing Budget Constraints, New Operational Priorities
Ohio Army National Guard special operators assigned to Company B, 2nd Battalion, 19th Special Forces Group, observe the landing zone in their Polaris MRZR tactical vehicle during airborne training at Camp Atterbury, Ind. on Oct. 22, 2022. Photo: (U.S. Army National Guard photo by Sgt. Karl Mason / 196th Mobile Public Affairs Detachment)

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina – Special Operations Command (SOCOM) will continue reducing the size of its vehicle fleet citing ongoing budget constraints and its shift to focus on integrated deterrence operations in more urban environments, an official said Tuesday. Vincent Grizio, program manager for Family of Special Operations Vehicles (FOSOV), said SOCOM has already trimmed its fleet from 3,400 to 3,200 vehicles over the last year and it’s likely to shrink by another 200 vehicles over the next 12 months. “It…

Subscriber-only content. Please log in below.

Not a subscriber or registered user yet?

Please contact us at clientservices@accessintel.com or call us at 888-707-5814 (Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET.), to start a free trial, get pricing information, order a reprint, or post an article link on your website.



Congress Updates

Lawmakers Request DoD Briefing On Army’s Planned Cuts To Aviation Procurement

A bipartisan group of House lawmakers has sent a letter asking the Pentagon for a briefing on the potential industrial base impacts as a result of the Army’s planned cuts […]


CENTCOM Looking To Lessons Learned From Use Of LUCAS Drones

U.S Central Command (CENTCOM) is looking to lessons learned from its use of Low-cost Unmanned Combat Attack System (LUCAS) drones by Phoenix-based SpektreWorks, according to CENTCOM head Adm. Brad Cooper. […]


Hegseth Says DoD Open To Reviewing Army’s Planned Cuts To Legacy Helicopter Procurement

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has told lawmakers the Pentagon is open to reviewing the Army’s planned procurement cuts to its legacy manned aviation fleet. Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), ranking member […]


Appropriators Press For Details On Iran War Costs; DoD’s $29B Estimate Doesn’t Include Base Damage

The Pentagon estimates the U.S.’ ongoing conflict with Iran has now cost at least $29 billion, while a lead official noted the updated figure does not factor in damage to […]