Search

Lockheed Martin Working Over $3.5 Billion In Hypersonic Programs; Northrop, Raytheon Playing Too

Lockheed Martin Working Over $3.5 Billion In Hypersonic Programs; Northrop, Raytheon Playing Too
Artist rendering of scramjet-powered hypersonic tactical missile being developed by Raytheon and Northrop Grumman. (Rendering by Northrop Grumman and Raytheon)

Lockheed Martin [LMT] has more than $3.5 billion worth of business it has captured in hypersonic weapons, with a lot of the development work expected to move into the prototype phase in 2019 with potential production decisions about two years away, company executives said last week. The hypersonic contracts, which include work from all the military services and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, are either in backlog or about to go into backlog, Ken Possenriede, Lockheed Martin’s chief financial…

Subscriber-only content. Please log in below.

Not a subscriber or registered user yet?

Please contact us at clientservices@accessintel.com or call us at 888-707-5814 (Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET.), to start a free trial, get pricing information, order a reprint, or post an article link on your website.



Congress Updates

Army Relooking At Its ‘Whole Aviation Transformation’ Plan, Acting Chief Tells Lawmakers

The Army is relooking at its “whole aviation transformation initiative,” the service’s acting chief of staff told lawmakers on Tuesday, to include its approach for future procurement of “enduring” platforms. […]


Lawmakers Request DoD Briefing On Army’s Planned Cuts To Aviation Procurement

A bipartisan group of House lawmakers has sent a letter asking the Pentagon for a briefing on the potential industrial base impacts as a result of the Army’s planned cuts […]


CENTCOM Looking To Lessons Learned From Use Of LUCAS Drones

U.S Central Command (CENTCOM) is looking to lessons learned from its use of Low-cost Unmanned Combat Attack System (LUCAS) drones by Phoenix-based SpektreWorks, according to CENTCOM head Adm. Brad Cooper. […]


Hegseth Says DoD Open To Reviewing Army’s Planned Cuts To Legacy Helicopter Procurement

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has told lawmakers the Pentagon is open to reviewing the Army’s planned procurement cuts to its legacy manned aviation fleet. Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), ranking member […]