The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) this week said that Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will reevaluate proposals it had received for a fixed surveillance tower system program after the Government Accountability Office (GAO) last week upheld a protest by Raytheon [RTN] challenging the contract award earlier this year to Israel’s Elbit Systems [ESLT] for the virtual fence project. Despite what seemed to have been a careful, deliberate competition and source-selection process managed by CBP leading up to the award…
Recommended
Perennial Autonomy Nabs $500 Million DoD Counter-Drone Contract
Redwire Says Awarded Large Drone Contract From NATO Ally
Trending
Congress Updates
Navy Leaders Downplay Looking At Foreign Navy Shipbuilding Amid Lawmaker Objections
The Navy’s top leaders this week seemed to downplay and back down on the service potentially using foreign shipyards to build U.S. Navy ships or buying foreign designed warships overseas […]
Senate Defense Appropriators See ‘Risk’ With Army’s Reconciliation Plan To Fund Munitions Increase
The Senate’s top defense appropriators cited concern this week with the Army’s request to fund the majority of its large increase to munitions procurement in fiscal year 2027 through the […]
Army Relooking At Its ‘Whole Aviation Transformation’ Plan, Acting Chief Tells Lawmakers
The Army is relooking at its “whole aviation transformation initiative,” the service’s acting chief of staff told lawmakers on Tuesday, to include its approach for future procurement of “enduring” platforms. […]
Lawmakers Request DoD Briefing On Army’s Planned Cuts To Aviation Procurement
A bipartisan group of House lawmakers has sent a letter asking the Pentagon for a briefing on the potential industrial base impacts as a result of the Army’s planned cuts […]
By