By Geoff Fein The Navy must start research and development for the next ballistic missile submarine in fiscal year '10 if the service hopes to bring the follow-on to the Ohio-class boats into service by 2027, according to a top Navy admiral. The Navy plans to begin retiring the current fleet of Trident submarines in 2027 and will deactivate one per year until 2040, Vice Adm. Jay Donnelly, commander of the submarine force, told attendees at the annual Naval Submarine…
Recommended
Trending
Congress Updates
Hegseth Says DoD Open To Reviewing Army’s Planned Cuts To Legacy Helicopter Procurement
Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has told lawmakers the Pentagon is open to reviewing the Army’s planned procurement cuts to its legacy manned aviation fleet. Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), ranking member […]
Appropriators Press For Details On Iran War Costs; DoD’s $29B Estimate Doesn’t Include Base Damage
The Pentagon estimates the U.S.’ ongoing conflict with Iran has now cost at least $29 billion, while a lead official noted the updated figure does not factor in damage to […]
Appropriators Offer Skepticism On $350B Defense Reconciliation Plan, ‘Big Risk’ For Key Initiatives
Senate and House Appropriators told Pentagon leadership on Tuesday they’re skeptical of the department’s plan to fund $350 billion of the fiscal year 2027 defense budget through the reconciliation process, […]
All Future Systems Should Have Autonomy Features, Reed Says
Last week, Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.) visited North Kingstown, R.I.-based Senesco, which is teaming with autonomous systems company Havoc to bid on the U.S. Navy’s Medium Unmanned Surface Vessel program. […]
Job Feed
-
Model Based Systems Engineer (MBSE) Modeler (ES1)
St. Louis, MO - Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc - St. Louis, MO -
Sales Manager, Regional
COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS - Los Angeles, CA -
Sr. Threat Hunting Intelligence Analyst (Remote, East/Central)
CrowdStrike, Inc. - Arlington, VA -
Sales Manager, Regional
COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS - Orlando, FL