Search

Latest Unarmed Minuteman III Test One of More Than 300 So Far, AFGSC Says

Latest Unarmed Minuteman III Test One of More Than 300 So Far, AFGSC Says
Pictured is a test launch of an Air Force Global Strike Command unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile from Vandenberg Space Force Base, Calif., on Wednesday, Sept. 6, at 1:26 a.m. Pacific Time (U.S. Space Force Photo)

U.S. Air Force Global Strike Command and the U.S. Space Force's 30th Space Launch Delta Guardians launched an unarmed Boeing [BA] Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) equipped with three test re-entry vehicles on Sept. 6 from Vandenberg Space Force Base, California, in what AFGSC said has been a long line of more than 300 launches to verify the reliability of the U.S. ICBM fleet. "The ICBM's reentry vehicle traveled approximately 4,200 miles to the Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall…

Subscriber-only content. Please log in below.

Not a subscriber or registered user yet?

Please contact us at clientservices@accessintel.com or call us at 888-707-5814 (Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET.), to start a free trial, get pricing information, order a reprint, or post an article link on your website.



Congress Updates

Lawmakers Request DoD Briefing On Army’s Planned Cuts To Aviation Procurement

A bipartisan group of House lawmakers has sent a letter asking the Pentagon for a briefing on the potential industrial base impacts as a result of the Army’s planned cuts […]


CENTCOM Looking To Lessons Learned From Use Of LUCAS Drones

U.S Central Command (CENTCOM) is looking to lessons learned from its use of Low-cost Unmanned Combat Attack System (LUCAS) drones by Phoenix-based SpektreWorks, according to CENTCOM head Adm. Brad Cooper. […]


Hegseth Says DoD Open To Reviewing Army’s Planned Cuts To Legacy Helicopter Procurement

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has told lawmakers the Pentagon is open to reviewing the Army’s planned procurement cuts to its legacy manned aviation fleet. Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), ranking member […]


Appropriators Press For Details On Iran War Costs; DoD’s $29B Estimate Doesn’t Include Base Damage

The Pentagon estimates the U.S.’ ongoing conflict with Iran has now cost at least $29 billion, while a lead official noted the updated figure does not factor in damage to […]