Two years after taking over the top job at SAIC [SAI], the company said yesterday that Walt Havenstein will be retiring as CEO effective June 15, 2012 for personal reasons. Havenstein’s departure is a surprise, but he will help SAIC through what it hopes will be an orderly transition. “The board of directors will conduct a thorough and thoughtful search for a successor, considering internal and external candidates,” Havenstein said in a statement. “The transition plan we have adopted will…
Recommended
York Space Systems To Acquire Terminal Developer All.Space In $355M Deal
Blue Water Autonomy Announces Power, Propulsion, Manufacturing Partners
HII Working Through Carrier And LHA Amphib Delays
Trending
Congress Updates
Appropriators Press For Details On Iran War Costs; DoD’s $29B Estimate Doesn’t Include Base Damage
The Pentagon estimates the U.S.’ ongoing conflict with Iran has now cost at least $29 billion, while a lead official noted the updated figure does not factor in damage to […]
Appropriators Offer Skepticism On $350B Defense Reconciliation Plan, ‘Big Risk’ For Key Initiatives
Senate and House Appropriators told Pentagon leadership on Tuesday they’re skeptical of the department’s plan to fund $350 billion of the fiscal year 2027 defense budget through the reconciliation process, […]
All Future Systems Should Have Autonomy Features, Reed Says
Last week, Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.) visited North Kingstown, R.I.-based Senesco, which is teaming with autonomous systems company Havoc to bid on the U.S. Navy’s Medium Unmanned Surface Vessel program. […]
Senate Appropriators Concerned With DoD’s Reconciliation Plan For Top FY ‘27 Priorities, Aide Says
Senate defense appropriators have concerns with the Pentagon’s decision to include key fiscal year 2027 funding priorities, such as critical munitions and drones production, among its request for $350 billion […]