Though it won’t completely outsource satellite communications (SATCOM) capability to industry, the commercial side is still in the Defense Department’s long-term plans because the rules are in industry’s favor, according to a representative from the Pentagon’s Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (CAPE) office. “As the rules are structured, it’s very advantageous as a solution,” Steven Miller, director of advanced systems cost analysis, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD)/CAPE, said March 10 at the Satellite 2014 convention in Washington. Satellite 2014 is produced…
Recommended
NRO Launches 13th Proliferated Architecture Mission
Swarmer Leads Ukrainian Team Developing Counter-Unmanned Systems Platform
Trending
Congress Updates
All Future Systems Should Have Autonomy Features, Reed Says
Last week, Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.) visited North Kingstown, R.I.-based Senesco, which is teaming with autonomous systems company Havoc to bid on the U.S. Navy’s Medium Unmanned Surface Vessel program. […]
Senate Appropriators Concerned With DoD’s Reconciliation Plan For Top FY ‘27 Priorities, Aide Says
Senate defense appropriators have concerns with the Pentagon’s decision to include key fiscal year 2027 funding priorities, such as critical munitions and drones production, among its request for $350 billion […]
With $1.5 Trillion Request, Army, Air Force, Navy’s Unfunded Lists Focus Solely On MILCON Projects
With the Trump administration’s push to massively increase defense spending to $1.5 trillion in fiscal year 2027, the Army, Air Force and Navy have eschewed submitting large unfunded priorities lists […]
Bipartisan House Bill Would Give National Guard To Counter-Drone Authorities
Seeking to close gaps that may arise between state and local law enforcers in different jurisdictions, a bipartisan contingent of House members this week introduced a bill that would allow […]