By Emelie Rutherford Pentagon acquisition executive John Young last week signed a memo approving the purchased of six conventional-takeoff-and-landing F-35 Joint Strike Fighters for the Air Force, a source familiar with the matter said. The acquisition decision memo (ADM) from Young also conditionally OK's buying six short-takeoff-and-vertical-landing (STOL) variants, but says that purchase cannot be finalized until the STOVL jet has a successful first flight, the source said. The STOVL variant, intended for use for the Marine Corps, is expected…
Recommended
Trending
Congress Updates
Army Relooking At Its ‘Whole Aviation Transformation’ Plan, Acting Chief Tells Lawmakers
The Army is relooking at its “whole aviation transformation initiative,” the service’s acting chief of staff told lawmakers on Tuesday, to include its approach for future procurement of “enduring” platforms. […]
Lawmakers Request DoD Briefing On Army’s Planned Cuts To Aviation Procurement
A bipartisan group of House lawmakers has sent a letter asking the Pentagon for a briefing on the potential industrial base impacts as a result of the Army’s planned cuts […]
CENTCOM Looking To Lessons Learned From Use Of LUCAS Drones
U.S Central Command (CENTCOM) is looking to lessons learned from its use of Low-cost Unmanned Combat Attack System (LUCAS) drones by Phoenix-based SpektreWorks, according to CENTCOM head Adm. Brad Cooper. […]
Hegseth Says DoD Open To Reviewing Army’s Planned Cuts To Legacy Helicopter Procurement
Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has told lawmakers the Pentagon is open to reviewing the Army’s planned procurement cuts to its legacy manned aviation fleet. Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), ranking member […]