The U.S. Navy awarded four indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) cost-plus-fixed-fee contracts worth a combined almost $76 million to provide cyberspace science, research, engineering, and technology integration, the Defense Department said Wednesday.

Contracted support includes innovative technology assessment and development; rapid software development and prototyping; enabling capability training; security engineering; and cybersecurity risk management.

iStock Cyber Lock

These are multiple-award, three-year contracts that will give all four awardees the opportunity to compete for task orders during the ordering period. Each contract includes a two-year option ordering period that would raise the value further

The four companies and potential contract values include Avanti Technologies Inc. for $23 million; Sentar Inc. won $18 million; Vector Planning and Services Inc. for $18 million; and Millennium Corp. for $17 million. If the two-year options are also exercised these values could rise to almost $38.6 million for Avanti; $31 million for Sentar; over $30 million for Vector; and $28.6 million for Millenium.

The contract was competitively procured through a request for proposal (RFP) published on the Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) website and the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command e-Commerce Central website. 14 offers were received and these four were selected.

The Defense Department anticipates 90 percent of the work will be performed in San Diego, Calif. and the remaining 10 percent at various locations in the U.S. and abroad. The expected completion date is March 7, 2020.

Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year and funding will be obligated via individual task orders. The department expects the funding types to be obligated will include research, development, tast, and evaluation (RDT&E); Navy operations and maintenance (O&M), and other Navy procurement.

The contracting activity is the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Pacific in San Diego, Calif.