Search

CNO Says Divesting Legacy Systems Is An Imperative

CNO Says Divesting Legacy Systems Is An Imperative
Adm. Mike Gilday, Chief of Naval Operations, addresses media in the hangar bay of Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) as part of MALABAR 2021, Oct. 14, 2021. (Photo: U.S. Navy by Mass Communication Specialist Seaman Emily Claire Bennett)

The Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) last week repeated pleas to industry to stop lobbying Congress for platforms the Defense Department wants to divest from and called the Navy’s efforts to divest from legacy platforms an imperative. “Industry, by leveraging the Congress, forces us to buy things that we don't necessarily need or that's excess to need perhaps, in a decade where we’re trying to move with a sensor of urgency away from stuff that isn't going to make us…

Subscriber-only content. Please log in below.

Not a subscriber or registered user yet?

Please contact us at clientservices@accessintel.com or call us at 888-707-5814 (Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET.), to start a free trial, get pricing information, order a reprint, or post an article link on your website.



Congress Updates

Army Relooking At Its ‘Whole Aviation Transformation’ Plan, Acting Chief Tells Lawmakers

The Army is relooking at its “whole aviation transformation initiative,” the service’s acting chief of staff told lawmakers on Tuesday, to include its approach for future procurement of “enduring” platforms. […]


Lawmakers Request DoD Briefing On Army’s Planned Cuts To Aviation Procurement

A bipartisan group of House lawmakers has sent a letter asking the Pentagon for a briefing on the potential industrial base impacts as a result of the Army’s planned cuts […]


CENTCOM Looking To Lessons Learned From Use Of LUCAS Drones

U.S Central Command (CENTCOM) is looking to lessons learned from its use of Low-cost Unmanned Combat Attack System (LUCAS) drones by Phoenix-based SpektreWorks, according to CENTCOM head Adm. Brad Cooper. […]


Hegseth Says DoD Open To Reviewing Army’s Planned Cuts To Legacy Helicopter Procurement

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has told lawmakers the Pentagon is open to reviewing the Army’s planned procurement cuts to its legacy manned aviation fleet. Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), ranking member […]