Search

Space Force Says Upgrade Will Double Anti-Jamming Power of WGS

Space Force Says Upgrade Will Double Anti-Jamming Power of WGS
A United Launch Alliance (ULA) Delta IV rocket carrying the WGS-10 satellite lifts off from Space Launch Complex-37 at Cape Canaveral, Fla. on March 15 last year. (ULA Photo)

While U.S. policy makers discuss the implications of their view of space as a warfighting domain and envisioned satellite jamming by China and Russia, the U.S. Space Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) at Los Angeles AFB, Calif., said this week that it has verified the ability of ground stations for the U.S. military's 10 Wideband Global Satcom (WGS) satellites to blunt electronic interference. Boeing [BA] builds WGS. SMC said that it tested the First Article Test (FAT) Increment…

Subscriber-only content. Please log in below.

Not a subscriber or registered user yet?

Please contact us at clientservices@accessintel.com or call us at 888-707-5814 (Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET.), to start a free trial, get pricing information, order a reprint, or post an article link on your website.



Congress Updates

Army Relooking At Its ‘Whole Aviation Transformation’ Plan, Acting Chief Tells Lawmakers

The Army is relooking at its “whole aviation transformation initiative,” the service’s acting chief of staff told lawmakers on Tuesday, to include its approach for future procurement of “enduring” platforms. […]


Lawmakers Request DoD Briefing On Army’s Planned Cuts To Aviation Procurement

A bipartisan group of House lawmakers has sent a letter asking the Pentagon for a briefing on the potential industrial base impacts as a result of the Army’s planned cuts […]


CENTCOM Looking To Lessons Learned From Use Of LUCAS Drones

U.S Central Command (CENTCOM) is looking to lessons learned from its use of Low-cost Unmanned Combat Attack System (LUCAS) drones by Phoenix-based SpektreWorks, according to CENTCOM head Adm. Brad Cooper. […]


Hegseth Says DoD Open To Reviewing Army’s Planned Cuts To Legacy Helicopter Procurement

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has told lawmakers the Pentagon is open to reviewing the Army’s planned procurement cuts to its legacy manned aviation fleet. Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), ranking member […]