Search

NASA-Funded Study Believes Returning Humans To Moon Possible For Around $10 Billion

NASA-Funded Study Believes Returning Humans To Moon Possible For Around $10 Billion
Artist's illustration of a potential base on the moon. Photo: NexGen Space LLC.

A NASA-funded study believes the United States could return a human to the moon in about five-to-seven years for roughly $10 billion using two independent and competing commercial service providers in a government-industry arrangement.The study, led by NexGen Space LLC President and former NASA senior advisor for commercial space Charles Miller and co-principal investigator, Alan Wilhite of Wilhite Consulting, Inc., finds that returning a human to the moon could potentially be achieved within NASA’s existing deep space human spaceflight budget.…

Subscriber-only content. Please log in below.

Not a subscriber or registered user yet?

Please contact us at clientservices@accessintel.com or call us at 888-707-5814 (Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET.), to start a free trial, get pricing information, order a reprint, or post an article link on your website.

Congress Updates

Appropriators Offer Skepticism On $350B Defense Reconciliation Plan, ‘Big Risk’ For Key Initiatives

Senate and House Appropriators told Pentagon leadership on Tuesday they’re skeptical of the department’s plan to fund $350 billion of the fiscal year 2027 defense budget through the reconciliation process, […]


All Future Systems Should Have Autonomy Features, Reed Says

Last week, Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.) visited North Kingstown, R.I.-based Senesco, which is teaming with autonomous systems company Havoc to bid on the U.S. Navy’s Medium Unmanned Surface Vessel program. […]


Senate Appropriators Concerned With DoD’s Reconciliation Plan For Top FY ‘27 Priorities, Aide Says

Senate defense appropriators have concerns with the Pentagon’s decision to include key fiscal year 2027 funding priorities, such as critical munitions and drones production, among its request for $350 billion […]


With $1.5 Trillion Request, Army, Air Force, Navy’s Unfunded Lists Focus Solely On MILCON Projects

With the Trump administration’s push to massively increase defense spending to $1.5 trillion in fiscal year 2027, the Army, Air Force and Navy have eschewed submitting large unfunded priorities lists […]