Aerojet Rocketdyne on Sept. 30 said its planned proposal for the Air Force’s next-generation rocket program that will provide an alternative to a Russian rocket will be flight qualified in 2019. The 500,000-pound thrust class liquid engine AR1 is currently in development and builds on 20-years of technology development and maturation through its RS-68, RL10 and J-2X rocket programs. The company said the AR1, which will also take advantage of existing manufacturing and test facilities, offers a “low-risk transition to…
Recommended
Saildrone And Lockheed Martin Test Fired Missiles Off USV During RIMPAC
Trending
Congress Updates
Guetlein On Golden Dome: ‘We Cannot Protect This Nation And Bankrupt It At The Same Time’
While there has been criticism among missile defense advocates of Golden Dome’s development pace after the signing of an executive order in January last year, Space Force Gen. Michael Guetlein, […]
Interview with Rep. Jeff Crank (R-Colo.), co-chair of the Golden Dome Caucus
Rep. Jeff Crank (R-Colo.), a co-chair of the Golden Dome Caucus in Congress and a member of the House Armed Services Committee’s strategic forces panel, discusses the transformative defense investments […]
Space Force PAE For Infrastructure Completing Move To Colorado Springs
U.S. Space Force Space Systems Command’s (SSC) Portfolio Acquisition Executive (PAE) for infrastructure–a $4 billion contracting hub for SSC–is completing a move from Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif. to […]
Wisconsin GOP Lawmakers Urge Trump Admin Support For Marines’ JLTV Second Supplier Effort
Wisconsin’s GOP congressional delegation is urging the Trump administration to support legislative language enabling the Marine Corps to potentially bring in a second Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) supplier. The […]
By