Search

Finland Selects F-35A In $11 Billion Fighter Competition

Finland Selects F-35A In $11 Billion Fighter Competition
F-35As are pictured at Hill AFB, Utah on Jan. 6 last year during an exercise (U.S. Air Force Photo)

Finland selected the Lockheed Martin [LMT] F-35A Joint Strike Fighter over four competitors to be the country’s next multi-role fighter to replace the legacy F/A-18 Hornet fleet in its HX competition. Losing bids include the Boeing [BA] F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, Eurofighter Typhoon; Dassault Rafale, and Saab Gripen E. The country is expected to buy 64 F-35A Block 4 fighters along with weapons, required training and sustainment and maintenance services lasting through 2030. Weapons are to be procured within the program…

Subscriber-only content. Please log in below.

Not a subscriber or registered user yet?

Please contact us at clientservices@accessintel.com or call us at 888-707-5814 (Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET.), to start a free trial, get pricing information, order a reprint, or post an article link on your website.



Congress Updates

Army Relooking At Its ‘Whole Aviation Transformation’ Plan, Acting Chief Tells Lawmakers

The Army is relooking at its “whole aviation transformation initiative,” the service’s acting chief of staff told lawmakers on Tuesday, to include its approach for future procurement of “enduring” platforms. […]


Lawmakers Request DoD Briefing On Army’s Planned Cuts To Aviation Procurement

A bipartisan group of House lawmakers has sent a letter asking the Pentagon for a briefing on the potential industrial base impacts as a result of the Army’s planned cuts […]


CENTCOM Looking To Lessons Learned From Use Of LUCAS Drones

U.S Central Command (CENTCOM) is looking to lessons learned from its use of Low-cost Unmanned Combat Attack System (LUCAS) drones by Phoenix-based SpektreWorks, according to CENTCOM head Adm. Brad Cooper. […]


Hegseth Says DoD Open To Reviewing Army’s Planned Cuts To Legacy Helicopter Procurement

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has told lawmakers the Pentagon is open to reviewing the Army’s planned procurement cuts to its legacy manned aviation fleet. Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), ranking member […]