By Marina Malenic As officials continue analyzing the Defense Department's needs and options for a next-generation long-range strike portfolio, one top official said last week that the non- nuclear mission will be the primary focus for any new bomber program that emerges from the review. "This is focused largely, principally, almost exclusively, on the conventional mission," Principal Deputy Defense Undersecretary James Miller told reporters during a June 4 lunch in Washington. The legacy fleet of U.S. nuclear capable bombers has…
Recommended
Second Stage NGI Motor In Successful Hot Fire Test
Trending
Congress Updates
Wisconsin GOP Lawmakers Urge Trump Admin Support For Marines’ JLTV Second Supplier Effort
Wisconsin’s GOP congressional delegation is urging the Trump administration to support legislative language enabling the Marine Corps to potentially bring in a second Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) supplier. The […]
Senate’s CR Has Ship Construction Exemption, Forgoes White House’s Battleship, Munitions Requests
The Senate on Sunday released a bipartisan stopgap funding proposal to keep the government open through December 11, which would also secure additional funds to support ongoing shipbuilding efforts and […]
U.S. Fighter Fleet Will Expand By 2040 But More Stealth Aircraft Will Mean Less Availability, CBO Says
The number of fighter aircraft in the U.S. military inventory will decline over the next few years before expanding to a greater number than currently, but their availability for operational […]
White House Details ‘Concerns’ With Shipbuilding, Spaced-Based Interceptor Oversight In House’s NDAA
The White House has detailed “a number of concerns” with the newly-passed House version of the next defense policy bill, to include the legislation’s limits on procuring Navy ships built […]