Search

Raymond: U.S. Space Force Needs Service Acquisition Executive Now

Raymond: U.S. Space Force Needs Service Acquisition Executive Now
Chief of Space Operations Gen. John "Jay" Raymond speaks to members of the Combined Force Space Component Command at the Combined Space Operations Center (CSpOC) at Vandenberg AFB, Calif. on Aug. 4 last year (U.S. Air Force Photo).

The U.S. Space Force (USSF) needs a service acquisition executive (SAE) now, the USSF Chief of Space Operations Gen. John "Jay" Raymond said on May 12. The fiscal 2020 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), P.L. 116-92, established the U.S. Space Force on Dec. 20, 2019, but Section 957 of the law said that the new assistant secretary of the Air Force for apace acquisition and integration would not become the Department of the Air Force service acquisition executive (SAE) for…

Subscriber-only content. Please log in below.

Not a subscriber or registered user yet?

Please contact us at clientservices@accessintel.com or call us at 888-707-5814 (Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET.), to start a free trial, get pricing information, order a reprint, or post an article link on your website.



Congress Updates

Lawmakers Request DoD Briefing On Army’s Planned Cuts To Aviation Procurement

A bipartisan group of House lawmakers has sent a letter asking the Pentagon for a briefing on the potential industrial base impacts as a result of the Army’s planned cuts […]


CENTCOM Looking To Lessons Learned From Use Of LUCAS Drones

U.S Central Command (CENTCOM) is looking to lessons learned from its use of Low-cost Unmanned Combat Attack System (LUCAS) drones by Phoenix-based SpektreWorks, according to CENTCOM head Adm. Brad Cooper. […]


Hegseth Says DoD Open To Reviewing Army’s Planned Cuts To Legacy Helicopter Procurement

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has told lawmakers the Pentagon is open to reviewing the Army’s planned procurement cuts to its legacy manned aviation fleet. Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), ranking member […]


Appropriators Press For Details On Iran War Costs; DoD’s $29B Estimate Doesn’t Include Base Damage

The Pentagon estimates the U.S.’ ongoing conflict with Iran has now cost at least $29 billion, while a lead official noted the updated figure does not factor in damage to […]