Search

CVN-79 To Be Delivered One Year Later Than Planned

CVN-79 To Be Delivered One Year Later Than Planned
The upper bow unit superlift is lowered into the dry dock on July 10 and placed on the future aircraft carrier John F. Kennedy (CVN-79) in 2019. (Photo: Ashley Cowan/HII)

Navy FY 2024 budget request documents revealed the next Ford-class aircraft carrier, the future USS John F. Kennedy (CVN-79), is now expected to be delivered 13 months later than previously planned. As recently as the FY ‘23 budget request documents, the Navy reported CVN-79 was expected to be delivered in June 2024, a period of 108 months from award to delivery and 160 months from the start of construction. Now the FY ‘24 budget documents said delivery is being delayed…

Subscriber-only content. Please log in below.

Not a subscriber or registered user yet?

Please contact us at clientservices@accessintel.com or call us at 888-707-5814 (Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET.), to start a free trial, get pricing information, order a reprint, or post an article link on your website.



Congress Updates

Lawmakers Request DoD Briefing On Army’s Planned Cuts To Aviation Procurement

A bipartisan group of House lawmakers has sent a letter asking the Pentagon for a briefing on the potential industrial base impacts as a result of the Army’s planned cuts […]


CENTCOM Looking To Lessons Learned From Use Of LUCAS Drones

U.S Central Command (CENTCOM) is looking to lessons learned from its use of Low-cost Unmanned Combat Attack System (LUCAS) drones by Phoenix-based SpektreWorks, according to CENTCOM head Adm. Brad Cooper. […]


Hegseth Says DoD Open To Reviewing Army’s Planned Cuts To Legacy Helicopter Procurement

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has told lawmakers the Pentagon is open to reviewing the Army’s planned procurement cuts to its legacy manned aviation fleet. Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.), ranking member […]


Appropriators Press For Details On Iran War Costs; DoD’s $29B Estimate Doesn’t Include Base Damage

The Pentagon estimates the U.S.’ ongoing conflict with Iran has now cost at least $29 billion, while a lead official noted the updated figure does not factor in damage to […]