SOS Safety International to Showcase DESMI’s Oil Spill Solutions Without Containment Booms at ILTA 2019
SOS International will be featuring DESMI’s new oil spill combating solution at ILTA 2019 in Houston, Booth 477
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 29, 2019
BOCA RATON, Fla., May 29, 2019 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — SOS Safety International, a leading distributor of industrial and municipal safety supplies and services, announced today their showcase of DESMI Oil Spill Response products at the ILTA 2019 Tradeshow in Houston, June 4 and 5. DESMI is the oldest manufacturer of oil spill solutions in the world, specializing in the development and manufacturing of pump solutions for the marine, defense, energy, and utility industries.
“SOS Safety International represents us in the Caribbean and in Latin America and together, we continue to provide and support proven oil spill solutions to a wide range of customers including the major oil companies and operators”, said Andy Nash, DESMI’s Vice President.
Some of DESMI’s innovative products are:
- Speed-Sweep– A boom system that can collect oil at 3 knots.
- PyroBoom – Allows on-site burning of oil, requiring no additional support for the burn.
- GlobeBoom – A unique fence boom with spherical floats for swift water procedures.
- Octopus Skimmer – A development in ‘brush-rail’ oil recovery for all forms of oil.
- AFTI -Oil Herders – Enables oil recovery without the use of containment booms and is frequently used in the cosmetic industry.
The Oil Herder is a non-water-soluble liquid with very high surface tension which can be applied through a number of platforms:
- Simple ‘Back Pack’ applicator for small terminal or harbor cleanups.
- Spray systems launched from vessels or USVs (Unmanned Surface Vehicles)
- Fixed Wing Aircraft Spray systems – (Under development)
- Helicopter combined applicator and ignitor system, developed by DESMI
“We are proud distributors of DESMI’s products and services since 2015. Their state-of-the-art oil spill combating products are second to none. Their 185 years of experience makes them a solid company to partner with in this competitive industry”, said Carmen Aovida, SOS Safety International, CEO.
The company also offers Oil Spill Response Training Courses (IMO I II & III Certification)
About SOS Safety International, Inc
Based in Boca Raton, SOS Safety International is a leading distributor of industrial and municipal safety supplies and services. The company has been providing these supplies and services including oil spill products, and various services and training for the petroleum industry and fire and rescue industries since 1991. SOS International distributes the products of more than forty international manufacturers in and around the United States, Latin America, and the Caribbean. For more information on our products and services please visit us at https://www.sos-safety.com/
Founded in 1834, DESMI is one of the oldest companies in Denmark. The company specializes in the development and manufacturing of pump solutions for the marine, defense, fuel, and utility industries both locally and globally. Their products range from the design and installation of pump plants to oil spill recovery solutions, to after-sales service.
DESMI pumps and systems are sold to customers in more than 100 countries via a network of subsidiaries and distributors on six continents. For more information please visit us at https://www.desmi.com/.
SOURCE SOS Safety International