NASA Marshall Invites Media to 11th Annual Wernher von Braun Memorial Symposium
HUNTSVILLE, Ala., Oct. 17, 2018
HUNTSVILLE, Ala., Oct. 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama, invites media to the 11th Annual Wernher von Braun Memorial Symposium, Oct. 24-25, at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. The symposium is hosted by the American Astronautical Society and features speakers and panelists from government, industry and academia.
To attend, media must register at:
https://www.xcdsystem.com/aas/attendee/index.cfm?ID=BltBAa6c and contact Jim Way at email@example.com for credentials. Media interested in interviewing NASA speakers should contact Tracy McMahan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-682-5326.
This year’s symposium theme is, “Galvanizing U.S. Leadership in Space,” and Marshall Center Director Jody Singer will give the luncheon address on Oct. 24 and NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine will provide the luncheon address on Oct. 25. The conference will focus on exploration technologies, International Space Station commercialization, lunar surface operations, lunar gateway planning, commercial space initiatives and future payloads on NASA’s Space Launch System.
NASA speakers and panelists include:
- Jim Bridenstine, NASA Administrator, NASA Headquarters, Washington
- Bill Hill, Deputy Associate Administrator, Exploration Systems Development, NASA Headquarters
- Steven W. Clarke, Deputy Associate Administrator for Exploration, NASA Headquarters
- Jason Crusan, Director, Advanced Exploration Systems, NASA Headquarters
- Harrison “Jack” Schmitt, Apollo 17 retired astronaut and retired U.S. Senator
- Jody Singer, Director, Marshall Space Flight Center
- Kimberly Robinson, Payloads Manager, Marshall Spacecraft Payload Integration and Evolution Office
- Bobby Watkins, Manager, Marshall Human Exploration Development and Operations Office
- Joseph Pelfrey, Deputy Manager, Marshall Human Exploration Development and Operations Office
The symposium’s panel discussions and presentations will be streamed live online at:
For more information about the symposium and the complete agenda, visit:
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nasa-marshall-invites-media-to-11th-annual-wernher-von-braun-memorial-symposium-300733005.html