Charles P. Verdon, PhD, Deputy Administrator for Defense Programs, National Nuclear Security Administration, Joins the 2019 Nuclear Deterrence Summit as a Keynote Speaker
The annual Nuclear Deterrence Summit gathers U.S. and international leaders, experts, and industry executives in the field of nuclear deterrence to discuss management of the nuclear complex, the security of the stockpile, arms control negotiations, and strategic policy.
ROCKVILLE, Md., Dec. 6, 2018
ROCKVILLE, Md., Dec. 6, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- The 2019 Nuclear Deterrence Summit will explore the theme Accomplish the Mission and Identify New Opportunities. This Summit brings together leaders from across the U.S. nuclear enterprise to discuss high-level policy changes, as outlined in the 2018 Nuclear Posture Review.
Charles P. Verdon, PhD, Deputy Administrator for Defense Programs, National Nuclear Security Administration, has been confirmed as a keynote speaker for the 2019 Nuclear Deterrence Summit, taking place February 12-14, 2-19 in Arlington, VA.
Charles P. Verdon, PhD, was confirmed by the Senate on September 18, 2018. He leads the team that is responsible for maintaining the safety, security and reliability of the Nation's nuclear weapons stockpile via the Stockpile Stewardship Program. Before joining the NNSA, Verdon was the Principal Associate Director within the Weapons and Complex Integration Directorate at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. He was responsible for the management and coordination of the national lab's weapons program activities. His work over the past few decades has not gone unnoticed, as he was awarded the Excellence in Plasma Physics Research Award by the American Physical Society in 1997.
In addition to hearing from Charles P. Verdon, attendees will be part of the following discussions: Perspectives on Weapons Lab Governance, NNSA Weapons Activities Update, The Path to Mission Delivery: A Workforce Discussion, and more. To check out the full agenda, go to http://www.deterrencesummit.com/2019-agenda/.
The following speakers have also been confirmed for the 2019 Nuclear Deterrence Summit:
- Barton Barnhart, P.E., PMP, CFM, Director, Office of Infrastructure Management and Disposition Policy, U.S. Department of Energy
- Kelly Cummins, Associate Assistant Deputy Administrator, National Nuclear Security Administration
- Douglas Dearolph, Vice President, Independent Performance Assurance, Nuclear and Environmental, HII Technical Solutions
- John Longenecker, President, Longenecker and Associates
- Stuart MacVean, President and Chief Executive Officer, Savannah River Nuclear Solutions, LLC
- Mark Martinez, President, Mission Support and Test Services, LLC
- Thomas Mason, PhD, Director, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- James McConnell, Associate Administrator for Safety, Infrastructure, and Operations, National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)
- J. Gregory Meyer, Senior Vice President, Operations, Environmental & Nuclear, Fluor
- John Ricciardelli President, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing and Technology
- Guy Roberts, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Nuclear, Chemical and Biological Defense Programs, U.S. Department of Defense
- Morgan Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer, Consolidated Nuclear Security, LLC
- Michael Thompson, Assistant Deputy Administrator, Major Modernization Programs, National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)
- Robert (Bob) Webster, PhD, Principal Associate Director, Weapons Program, Los Alamos National Laboratory
"We are so excited to have Charles P. Verdon, PhD, as our keynote speaker for the 2019 Nuclear Deterrence Summit," said Nancy Berlin, Program Manager, ExchangeMonitor Publications . "Mr. Verdon's experience and responsibility within the nuclear weapons stockpile will provide attendees with a unique perspective and greatly contribute to our discussions on the state and fate of the nuclear deterrence industry."
With over 350 expected attendees and several high-profile sponsors already secured, including AECOM, BAE Systems, Bechtel, Centerra, Fluor, General Dynamics, Honeywell, Huntington Ingalls Indstries, HukariAscendent, Jacobs, Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation, Leidos, Longenecker & Associates, University of California National Laboratories, Navarro, Northrop Grumman, SOC and TechSource, the 2019 Nuclear Deterrence Summit is a can't miss event.
To learn more and to register, visit http://www.deterrencesummit.com.
Register by December 21 to receive the advanced rate – you'll save up to $100.
About ExchangeMonitor, a division of Access Intelligence, LLC
ExchangeMonitor Publications & Forums publishes professional newsletters and creates, manages and sponsors forums, colloquiums and workshops to facilitate an exchange of views and information on critical programs and policies. Areas of focus include: the Department of Energy's Office of Environmental Management and the cleanup of the nuclear legacy of the Manhattan Project and the Cold War; the National Nuclear Security Administration and the current U.S. nuclear weapons complex; and the commercial radioactive waste industry.
SOURCE 2019 Nuclear Deterrence Summit