Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Purchases 1,743 TASER X2 Smart Weapons
Axon announces orders for 10,903 Smart Weapons
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Dec. 5, 2017
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Dec. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Axon (Nasdaq: AAXN), the global leader in public safety technology, today announced the receipt of multiple orders for its TASER X26P and TASER X2 Smart Weapons. These orders were received in the third and fourth quarters and are expected to ship in the same time frame.
"Our customers are making an important move toward a world where every officer has the best technology and training to minimize the chances of a deadly encounter," says Rick Smith, CEO and founder of Axon. "Many of these agencies are using our TASER 60 payment plan that provides a new, simpler alternative for allowing smart weapons to be a budgetary line item providing better financial visibility. Our mission is to make a TASER conducted electrical weapon available to every officer, so they have the best options ready to avoid injury or death."
- Arkansas State Police (AR): 405 TASER X2 Smart Weapons
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department (NC): 1,743 X2s
- Denton Police Department (TX): 180 X2s, Officer Safety Plan (OSP)
- Evanston Police Department (IL): 100 X2s, TASER Assurance Plan (TAP)
- Federal Agency (US): 1,135 TASER X26P Smart Weapons
- Federal Agency (US): 264 X26Ps
- Federal Agency (US): 150 X26Ps
- Federal Agency (US): 111 X26Ps
- Fort Smith Police Department (AR): 100 X2s and 100 TASER CAM HD Recorders, TASER 60
- Hialeah Police Department (FL): 100 X26Ps, TASER 60
- Honolulu Police Department (HI): 162 X26Ps
- International Order: 117 X26Ps
- International Order: 350 X2s
- International Order: 1,001 X26Ps
- Knoxville Police Department (TN): 420 X26Ps
- Lewisville Police Department (TX): 154 X26Ps, OSP
- Lexington Police Department (KY): 100 X2s
- Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission Prince George's County Division (MD): 125 X2s, TASER 60
- Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office (NC): 350 X2s, TASER 60
- Norfolk Police Department (VA): 350 X2s, TASER 60
- North Carolina State Highway Patrol (NC): 375 X2s
- North Las Vegas Police Department (NV): 200 X26Ps, TASER 60
- Ontario Provincial Police (ON): 600 X2s
- Pembroke Pines Police Department (FL): 260 X2s, TASER 60
- Pennsylvania State Police Academy (PA): 422 X2s
- Southfield Police Department (MI): 109 X2s, TASER 60
- Stockton Police Department (CA): 300 X2s, TASER 60
- Tucson Police Department (AZ): 200 X2s, TASER 60, 300 X2s, OSP (additional 250 X2s, TASER 60 shipping in year two)
- Toledo Police Department (OH): 120 X2s
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (DC): 350 X2s, TASER 60
About the TASER 60
The TASER 60 is a new 5-year annual payment plan that integrates warranty coverage for an agency's current TASER Smart Weapons, as well as on-site spares so officers experience zero downtime. The yearly payment plan allows agencies to reliably budget for their TASER CEWs during a 5-year period.
About the Officer Safety Plan (OSP)
Axon's Officer Safety Plan combines our most popular products into one simple bundled contract. It has a 5-year term, and includes one Smart Weapon, one initial Axon camera plus two camera upgrades, full warranty, repair and replacement coverage, and unlimited Evidence.com storage at introductory pricing of $99 per month per officer.
- X2 Photos and video: https://brandfolder.com/s/ownpw4-be00c8-fsoy61
- X26P Photos: https://brandfolder.com/s/p0al8o-d1zxa8-86s6ts
TASER Social Media Links
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/18008436/
- Blog: https://www.axon.com/company/news
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Axon_US
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/taserinternational1
The Axon network is a network of devices, apps and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. Our mission is to protect life. Our technologies give law enforcement the confidence, focus, and time they need to keep their communities safe. Our products impact every aspect of an officer's day-to-day experience:
- In the field - Our Smart Weapons offer a less-lethal intermediate use of force response and our body-worn and in-car cameras collect video evidence to capture the truth of an incident; and our mobile applications enable simple evidence collection.
- At the station - Our secure, cloud-based digital evidence management solution allows officers and command staff to manage, review, share and process digital evidence using forensic, redaction, transcription, and other tools.
- In the courtroom - Our solutions for prosecutors make collaborating across jurisdictions and agencies easy so that cases can be resolved quickly.
We work hard for those who put themselves in harm's way for all of us. To date, there are more than 187,400 licensed users from around the world and more than 192,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with the Axon network of devices, apps and people. Learn more at www.axon.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
Axon, the "Axon Delta" logo, Axon network, Smart Weapons, X2, X26P, TASER, TASER CAM, Evidence.com, and 'Protect Life' are trademarks of Axon Enterprise, Inc., some of which are registered in the U.S. and other countries. For more information, visit www.axon.com/legal. All rights reserved.
Follow Axon here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/axon_us
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.axon.com, https://www.axon.com/press, www.twitter.com/axon_us and https://www.facebook.com/Axon.ProtectLife/ where Axon discloses information about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.axon.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Andrea James via email at IR@axon.com.
Vice President of Strategic Communications
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/charlotte-mecklenburg-police-department-purchases-1743-taser-x2-smart-weapons-300566390.html